With the school holidays, July and August are a traditionally quieter time for the property market. We have experienced some impact of this across the Borders, however demand for buying and selling homes still remains strong.
Despite the summer holidays and the understandable impact of the cost-of-living crisis on the property market, in August we arranged over 280 viewings, received over 150 offers and sold our properties at an average of 4% over Home Report valuation.
Whilst things may not be quite as busy as the property markets of 2020-2022, interest and the ability to buy and sell remains strong. In comparison to 2019 pre-COVID year to date we have sold 70% more properties.
Kelso was our most popular area for properties with 25% of all of our viewings taking place in our Kelso properties!
Take a look at some of our top properties for sale recently.
- The most viewed property on our website recently: Courtyard Cottage, Hassendeanburn, Nr Denholm.
- This converted steading is incredible: Townhead Steading, Minto, Hawick.
- The eco credentials on this home are impressive: An Tigh Ur, Lintlaw, Duns.
We’ve been moving around this summer! After many years in our office at 30 Woodmarket Kelso we decided it was time to move on, with our lettings service now primarily being run from our other office by Kerry James, our Lettings Manager at 28 The Square in Kelso.
We were delighted to open our new office in Coldstream in July. Not only does this office provide rental, property and legal services to the local community, we also host the Hastings First Art Gallery which promotes the Borders as a creative place to live.
“There’s no substitute for using a good local firm as you get what you pay for.”Rob Armstrong
Hastings Legal are trusted and long-established Solicitor Estate Agents in the Scottish Borders.
• Selling your property with a Solicitor Estate Agent means you have control of the process from start to finish.
• Our Virtual Viewing Video Tours are the New Normal for a first viewing and are included for no extra charge.
• Our extensive database of purchasers who are looking to buy their dream home in this area is at your disposal.
• Professional photographs as standard
• We regularly achieve more than the Home Report Value for our Sellers, often at Closing Date
It’s never too early to call Hastings Legal, Solicitors and Estate Agents in the Scottish Borders
* only Solicitor Estate agents can advertise in ESPC – the Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre
Would you like to sell your house?