Scottish Borders property market data – key points
• From December 2020 to February 2021, the average property selling price in the Scottish Borders was £247,007, up 13.7% compared to the previous year.
• During this time in this area, the median selling time was 26 days compared to 45 days last year.
• Over the past three months, the average Home Report valuation achieved by properties sold in the Scottish Borders was 101%, compared to 96.8% last year.
• 70% of properties in the Borders were sold for at least the Home Report value, compared to just 44.8% last year.
• Kelso achieved the greatest volume of property sales during this time while Galashiels experienced the biggest number of new homes coming to market.
• See ESPC article 10 Reasons Why People Love Living in The Borders
Buying property in Scotland?
You will need a Scottish Solicitor.
With a Solicitor/Estate Agent you have more control of the process. What’s more, with our unique No Key No Fee policy you are shielded from the legal costs if your property purchase fails to materialise.
If you are selling
Hastings Legal are top-selling Solicitor Estate Agents with offices throughout the Borders.
Here for you in the Scottish Borders