W. E Howden is the oldest pet supply business in the UK having first been established in 1830. It is even believed to be the oldest of its kind anywhere in the world as it was on these premises where sheep dip was first invented by George Wilson. The business is trading from very distinctive premises in Coldstream High Street. The B-listed frontage is easily identified by the Roman style columns each crafted from pink polished granite.
Bowmont Street is a main arterial route into the town leading off the Edinburgh Road and is only a short distance from The Square, the largest market square in Scotland. The subjects comprise the former Kelso Baptist Church which is constructed of red sandstone and dates back to the 19th century. It occupies a rectangular shaped plot with residential properties on its south facing elevation and a commercial unit to its north.
A well-known and popular cafe-bistro, boasting a prime position just off the market place in Selkirk; one of Scotland’s oldest Royal Burgh towns. The welcoming and comfortable dining areas are set over two rooms, with large double windows overlooking the bustle of the street to the front and with local free parking nearby. The property is situated adjacent to the town’s busy bus station and en route to the popular Haining Estate – ideally situated for both local & passing trade with the Café proving popular over the years with walkers, families, visitors and regulars alike.
14 Bridge Street enjoys an excellent location within the centre of Kelso with good outlooks over Bridge Street, in the heart of the town’s retail and commercial area; a much improved and restored part of town benefitting from the recent town regeneration works. The property offers excellent conversion potential to be altered into a modern, double upper apartment with two bedrooms (subject to appropriate permissions).
In recent times the property has served as a surveyor’s office and with its impressive stone flag floor entrance and well equipped accommodation with three office rooms overlooking Bridge Street; therefore it also represents an ideal property and location for a professional business.
The building itself is of historical interest, having a connection with Walter Scott being the former printing office where the first two volumes of Scott’s Minstrelsy was printed in 1802.
Together with Allied Surveyors Scotland, we are pleased to offer this excellent opportunity to purchase a charming listed building, positioned directly opposite the Jedburgh Abbey – with a host of further Border tourist spots, and ample free car parking and local bus station just a short walk. The cafe is well supported by locals and tourists alike; being fully fitted with open plan kitchen. approx 20 covers and takeaway facilities, bookshop area, wonderful outlooks towards the abbey, al fresco table space and customer W/C, it provides excellent scope as an ongoing business.
A well established retail premises and business for sale; prominent high street position in the popular town of Jedburgh. Close to further amenities and visitor attractions such as the Augustian Abbey and Old Castle, the central position benefits nearby free car parking and transport links.
Excellent opportunity to acquire a spacious and centrally located retail premises with attractive shop frontage, two display areas, storage, workshop and office – positioned adjacent to supermarket, bank, free car park and bus terminal.